Crippled Friends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Crippled Friends

Alliance PVE Guild on Dragonmaw EU

+2
Glamin
Cloudwalk
6 posters

Retri pally [Accepted]

Robf

Retri pally [Accepted] Empty Retri pally [Accepted]

Post  Robf Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Personal information:

Name or nickname: Rob
    IRL time playing World of Warcraft: Alot
    Tell us a little about yourself:

Character information: Retri pally (tear9)

Character name: Robf
    Class and race: Human/Paladin
    Talent spec:Retribution
    Armory link: [has not updated since got my new boots]
    Played time:
    Do you have any alt? Number of active alts?:Lots of other characters 49druid,20rouge,61dk,50lock.
    Tell us a little about your character: Good dps

Raiding information: Completed Naxx25/10 and onyxia25 never had chance to do ulduar or toc25 because they asked for achievement but ive looked up on tactics.

Will you be able to fulfil the raiding days and hours set out in the raiding page? Yes proably all
    How many raids will you be able to attend per week? All unless something important need doing
    What is your current and previous end game PvE experience: Killed Some bosses in uld because of the weekly hcs but ever tried toc25 but ive looked at tactics
    Describe what you will bring to the raid group:Dedication

Miscellaneous information:

Why do you want to join Crippled Friends?: To have fun and take part in raids
    Do you know any members who will vouch for you?: Glamin,littlemageii and callmeaddzy possible lihtmaester.
    Have you been in a guild before and if yes which one? ive been in many guilds allways stuck with Glamin Littlelageii and Callmeaddzy but I went AFK for a little while and they came to you.
    Why did you leave your previous guilds? I left my others guilds because of no raids happening
    What other interest do you have apart from WoW? pS3 Xbox360 Football, rugby.

Your pc and internet connection specifications: Very fast

Please, list your computer specifications: 50meg cable wired

What speed and type is your internet connection: Fast 50meg

Anything else you’d like to add: love to join guild please accept me, also im about to go get some more enchantments.
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Retri pally [Accepted] Empty Re: Retri pally [Accepted]

Post  Cloudwalk Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Robf

Thank you for your application.

After looking at your application, and your character on the armoury, I have a question for you, and maybe a pointer or two.

Why do you have two hit gems when you are already over the melee cap? You only need 8% hit, and you are at 11%, wasted stats.

However, you are well below expertise cap, and you don't have the Seal Of Vengeance glyph, that would be most beneficial, better than the exorcism one. Minor glyphs of sense undead and lay on hands would also be a nice touch.

The spec you have chosen has some PvP elements to it and we are a PVE guild. 6 points in the retribution tree could be better used in Seals of the Pure... A fairly cookie-cutter PVE ret spec would be
    this.

Also, you need to work on your enchants, we want people to have optimum enchants for dps. I think perhaps you would benefit from looking at this link. Maybe it could help you make some improvements while we properly consider your application.

Regards, Cloudwalk.
    Robf

Post  Robf Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 pm

yes I will get rid of them wated sockets with crit rating or strenght I asked in trade and everyone told me the hit cap was 12%, so ill fix that and ill do everything you just told me thx.
    please accept me Smile
    Callmead

Retri pally [Accepted] Empty rob is good

Post  Callmead Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Rob is a good pally, is realy looking forward into getting into guild and i think he deserves it, hes worked none stop to get gear =], GOOD LUCK ROB
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Post  Cloudwalk Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Well Robf, I have noticed that you are keen, as you have made some changes already. Something I didn't touch on in my last post was that you will need to reputation with Son's Of Hodir and Knights Of The Blade for your shoulder and head enchants respectively.

Also, if my math is right you are about 6 expertise under dodge cap when SoV is up so maybe consider expertise on hands and wrists when you are sorting out your enchants. Keep up the good work.

Still considering your application, let you know when something is decided. I missed anything Espen? Razz

Cloudwalk

Last edited by Cloudwalk on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glamin

Post  Glamin Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:30 pm

I can say one thing about your last post Mike he started doing the quest line yesterday for the sons of hodir. He is very keen and good luck Rob
    Robf

Post  Robf Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:00 pm

yes im going to get expertise on my gloves and going to get other enchants on gear, im working on sons of hodir now also.
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Post  Cloudwalk Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:23 pm

/love

If you think I am demanding now, well, raids are more fun. Razz
    Espenaskelad
    Espenaskelad

Post  Espenaskelad Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Cloudwalk wrote:Well Robf, I have noticed that you are keen, as you have made some changes already. Something I didn't touch on in my last post was that you will need to reputation with Son's Of Hodir and Knights Of The Blade for your shoulder and head enchants respectively.

Also, if my math is right you are about 6 expertise under dodge cap when SoV is up so maybe consider expertise on hands and wrists when you are sorting out your enchants. Keep up the good work.

Still considering your application, let you know when something is decided. I missed anything Espen? Razz

Cloudwalk

Hmm from the top of my head, id say lose the +hit trinket and more or less stuff in any dps trinket as it would be better then wasting all those stats.
    Then you have the cloak, belt and Axe.
    You can get a better Cloak in Halls of Reflection Normal, Belt you can get Bent Gold Belt in Pit of Saron Normal, and last you can get the 2h Axe from Bent Halls of Reflection Heroic.
    Also the Meta gem isn't working with the gems showing up on armory, you need to blue gems.
    Preferably 2x 10str/15stam gems, so lose the yellow gems and get the meta working, thne rest should be pure str gems (epic gems, not the sissy blue gems ;P).

I'll leave it with that since you have covered most of the other parts.

//Espen
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Post  Cloudwalk Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Espenaskelad wrote:Also the Meta gem isn't working with the gems showing up on armory, you need to blue gems.

On this note I personally would go with the recommendation from elitistjerks, and take a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond so that the meta requirements can be covered with one Nightmare Tear and then the rest can be gemmed pure strength.

Cheers for the assist Espen... Smile
    Robf

Post  Robf Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 pm

just got honoured with ebon blade soon to be exalted got tabard
    Lightmaester
    Lightmaester

Post  Lightmaester Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 am

Hey Rob

I know the spec you've used is the one that cloud linked but..I would personally put 2 more points in Divine Intellect rather than Unyielding Faith. The extra mana will help out more than the 30% reduction of fear and disorient.

Also, have to say that since I spoke to you last week, there has been an immense improvement in your gear, so well done. A small point in that Armour Pen is pretty useless for a Pally, all but 2 of your damaging abilities are counted as Holy and therefore aren't affected by Arm Pen.

A nice ring drops from HoR after escape from Lich King (The Lady's Promise) so maybe try and get that to replace the bluey.

Keep the improvements up, and I'm sure someone will be in touch with you soon.
    Espenaskelad
    Espenaskelad

Post  Espenaskelad Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 am

Lightmaester wrote:Also, have to say that since I spoke to you last week, there has been an immense improvement in your gear, so well done. A small point in that Armour Pen is pretty useless for a Pally, all but 2 of your damaging abilities are counted as Holy and therefore aren't affected by Arm Pen.

After the rework of ret pallys all attacks they have are counted as melee physical hits, with exception of exorcism.
    Lightmaester
    Lightmaester

Post  Lightmaester Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 am

Well, Judgements, excorcism, holy wrath, consecration are not counted as melee, and since they form the basis of the rotation, I would still say Armour pen is more beneficial to Warriors than Retri Palas.
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Post  Cloudwalk Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 am

Lightmaester wrote:I know the spec you've used is the one that cloud linked but..I would personally put 2 more points in Divine Intellect rather than Unyielding Faith. The extra mana will help out more than the 30% reduction of fear and disorient.

I am glad someone is paying attention. Personally I would make the same change, I merely linked a standardised and common spec directly from Elististjerks. I was thinking about editing it from the stard, but well, Robf changed his spec very quickly and I didn't feel like wasting his money - wouldn't really be fair. It shouldn't matter too much tbh.
    Kamler
    Kamler

Post  Kamler Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 am

depends completley on encounter type. If its a run around alot fight he wont go oom but if its a "stay still and nuke the f*uck off it" fight hel have manaprobs
    Espenaskelad
    Espenaskelad

Post  Espenaskelad Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Lightmaester wrote:Well, Judgements, excorcism, holy wrath, consecration are not counted as melee, and since they form the basis of the rotation, I would still say Armour pen is more beneficial to Warriors than Retri Palas.

Judgments on ret pallys are actually considered a melee physical hit Wink
    Cloudwalk
    Cloudwalk

Post  Cloudwalk Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 pm

and Divine Storm...
    Waveforce

Post  Waveforce Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Ask for a disc priest shield. Extra mana back, thanks Eddy
    Lightmaester
    Lightmaester

Post  Lightmaester Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Espenaskelad wrote:
    Lightmaester wrote:Well, Judgements, excorcism, holy wrath, consecration are not counted as melee, and since they form the basis of the rotation, I would still say Armour pen is more beneficial to Warriors than Retri Palas.

Judgments on ret pallys are actually considered a melee physical hit Wink

Armour Pen still only affects 35% of our damage, which makes it the least desired stat for ret pallys. ArPen does NOT increase damage done by seals or judgements, just white damage, CS and DS.
    Kamler
    Kamler

Post  Kamler Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:25 pm

i would find haste a way more imp stat for a ret pala then arm pen tbh so we can build sov upp quick on bosses
    Lightmaester
    Lightmaester

Post  Lightmaester Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Kamler wrote:i would find haste a way more imp stat for a ret pala then arm pen tbh so we can build sov upp quick on bosses

Agree mate, pretty much anything is more important for ret pally than ArPen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:33 pm